Monday, April 1, 2013

Drove over to Oatman, Az.

Would you believe I drove up to Oatman, a great little tourist trap where burrows come down out of the hills to be feed by the tourists.

I got photos, but they are in my camera, not on the little disc and I can not figure out how to download them.....I left my card in the laptop......bad mistake!!!

I only got a few photos before the camera memory was full and it was such a long hike up into town.....well maybe next time.

I did get some photos of the "OLD" original hwy66.

Here is a very high point that the local folks like to throw their loved ones ashes and then they make markers.


Here I was trying to get a photo of the tall cactus....not sure I show it well here.


As I came back down off the mountain heading towards Kingman, Az the first place I saw (the only business for miles as far as I could tell).....I stopped, got a frozen water, looked around the museum.
This guy had every Rolling Stones album ever recorded and many of them were autographed. I have no idea why I forgot to photograph them......:(





I turned back and stopped at the top of the Sitgreaves pass. I picked up a few pieces of the old route 66....they were selling them at the store for $20.....so I feel like I got a great deal.

I parked and sat at a very nice spot over looking the whole world......I even had company for about 1 hour ...some weird biker dude who got a little scary telling me stories......truth be told I'm running into many shall we say unstable mental folks out here.....something about the desert!!!!

I read the other day that people who are having a much more difficult life are more advanced spiritually and that they are here to learn more difficult lessons than the rest of us.....we are to treat them with the respect we would give our elders.....???? Some times that is difficult.

Kingman would be 25 miles or so east of here....I never went any farther than the valley floor.

Oatman is a few miles back down this way looking east



No comments:

Post a Comment