Saturday, November 1, 2014

ya but!

I woke up this morning with thoughts of writting in the blog. I know it has been awhile, too long really.

I was watching a new chanel on tv (no idea how long it has been going), it is Newmax a news magazine that has a Conservative Christian view.

The program was about the Founding Fathers and their beliefs about religion. One thing that hits home is how history has been rewritten. The other thing is how honorable leaders and men in general has become a thing of the past. The program is called "Rediscovering God in America"and I think it should be shown in every classroom in America.


It made me think about "Ya But! " I wonder how many times in my life I say, ya but, to myself and others.Ya but is excusing bad or dishonorable actions. I thought what if we all lived our lives in a way that we never had to say ya but to ourselves or to others.

We all have someone we want to impress, I have many, who would they be and in what ways would I want to impress them? For me the 1st and most important choice is easy and also the one choice that I know loves me even when I fail......and just like most fathers he loves me unconditionally.

Second on my list would probably be myself, but my wife and all our offspring come in so close that it is about the same. I do not want to disappoint them any more than myself.

A new poet Prince EA is making a splash with his poems and hip hop songs. He has a line that I like:  "Our role models today 60 years ago would be examples of what not to be".

Check out his video:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=prince+ea&qpvt=prince+ea&FORM=VDRE

I have just one more thing to share, I watched Glen Campbell's video " I'm not going to miss you "

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

I see it as a love song to his wife, kids and fans.

It sure hits home with me..........I have notice more memory loss this year than ever before....maybe I need to eat more dark chocolate to go along with cranberry juice for my kidneys which seems to be working one day and not the next...oh well I can always say Ya but.

God Bless you all

p.s.  please say a prayer for one of my adventure companions Jeanne who is fighting cancer this year and may not be able to traveas she is going through treatments. She is also a fellow veteran and I want to pass on a THANK YOU to her for her service.




No comments:

Post a Comment