Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas in Quartzsite

Christmas in Quartzsite is not much different than back home....other than no snow.

My family and friends back in Utah got 6 inches of snow this year for Christmas, here in Quartzsite we had 60 degree weather and just a little wind......not bad.

I met a vendor a few weeks ago who sells military caps and flags, I asked her if she had any Viet Nam Era caps, something I have been looking for for years. She did, but told me it would take a few days for her to get one into town, she told me her husband does all the military stuff and he would be busy for a few more days. She then told me he spends a few months every year decorating their yard and home for the Christmas season and then she told me I should drop by. Yesterday Dean asked me to go out to dinner in town, he has been working long hours 6 days a week painting things for the big RV trade show held every year here. After dinner we drove around looking for a yard full of lights.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, it was truly special.

Here is the view of their yard from the street

As seen from the side of their house. Just ahead is the entrance to the 3-D hall

This is what I call the 3-D hall, they have 3-D glasses for you to wear that turn each and every light into Snowmen, reindeer and Santa Clauses......very impressive to see







I really had not felt any Christmas spirit this year before seeing this, but I left with a true Christmas spirit....odd.

I enjoyed walking around looking at all the many little decorations, there had to be well over a 1000 each of Santa, Teddy Bears.....

No comments:

Post a Comment