Friday, November 15, 2013

Crazy Busy

1948 Nash I sold to my daughter Randi........yard art or transportation???

So Del what have you been up too??????

I have been cleaning up the family farm by selling some old junk......and a few of my old cars
I sold my 1948 Packard


I have hauled off some yard art.
My cell sure take poor photos.

I helped an old friend clean up his garage.....I bought this 1926 Ford coupe

 I hope to get it running next summer. Dennis last drove it on the salt at the world famous Utah Salt Flats. He made 3 passes at speeds just under 130 mph before he blew the motot.
Dennis built a street motor for the car, but after loosing his wife to cancer he just lost interest. He was willing to sell cheap just to get it out of the garage, he knows I will be able to get it running again so we both are happy.




Can anyone tell me what this is????

The big hint would be to tell you what I did yesterday.
I took my grandson Derrick to have his 4H project slaughtered........he raised 2 very large white turkeys this year......hope he gets a great bid on them at the auction.
The above photo was taken there.


Derrick handled the whole thing much better than I would have thought since he really enjoys his little farm with ducks, bees, chickens, turkeys and a rabbit.
He has learned the circle of life rather well, I wish other kids learned this important life lesson.......makes me proud of my daughter Randi.

After our trip to the slaughter house we headed the extra 15 miles to go see the missile display over at Thicol 
where the rocket engines were made for the space shuttles.





If you look close you can see Derrick standing on the left side of the tall rocket




Here is a photo taken of the old transcontinental rail road path. So much hard labor digging  all the rock.

After the missile display we headed over to the Golden Spike National Park.

This dirt road is on the old railway

This is what it looks like from the north west side of the Great Salt Lake

I love these old buildings......this one is just across the road from the Golden Spike Visitors Center........the trains were not out so we did not get to check them out.

This is the entrance to the visitors center........

Looking for gold

Nope....no gold here

Not all the natural arches are in southern Utah!!!!!


1 comment: