Thursday, November 28, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERY ONE

I'm thankful that I have a relationship with God who paid the price. I'm thankful for my family who  show me unconditional love (if it was conditional, trust me I would not get love) a family who understand and support my travels, friends who love me like family  and the strangers I get to meet who add so much flavor to my travels . I'm thankful I live in a country at a time when I can do the things I do that I have lived a life with more adventure..... than I ever deserved. I'm thankful for the good days that I get so I can enjoy all the things I am thankful for.
I'm also thankful for the internet......it makes my world so small....it allows me to share my adventurers and to jump in on other people's adventures too!!!
Please follow me along at   www.papas-travels.blogspot.com

Today started with a call from Dean who came over to visit over a cup of coffee, just like old times....we picked up just where we left off....soon there were others knocking on the door and I had 4 guest (5 if you count the dog) it was a nice change and I'm feeling well enough to handle all the excitement.

Donna asked if she could use the oven for making cornbread and she stayed and we talked Jesus for a bit.....she and her husband Mark live in a van and seem to love it......
My guess is that for them it is a ministry....got love that!!!!
Donna told me they will be starting a rather advanced 6 week Bible study.....I'm thinking of following them to Lake Havasu......

2pm came quickly and we got together as a group for dinner......I think everyone had a good time and many new friends were made......
I found a new favorite treat.....picked honey pepper okra!!!!!

Here is some of the tribe I got to share a Thanksgiving meal with today. My old friend from last winter is Dean he is on the far left with the wantabee cowboy hat.

Lots of grub and the cheerleader is Gretchin who I met yesterday and she is a hoot.



I have to give it to Bob, he really made the day great.....Thanks Bob
Bob has a great and very popular blog    http://www.cheaprvliving.com


3 comments:

  1. I am thankful that you did not spend thanksgiving alone! I am thankful that you can go somewhere that makes you feel better, but I wish it could be at home! We missed you today and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving Del. maybe I should be thankful when internet is sketchy. It makes me work on patience. :b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob.....seems weird to be here without you.....Dean is doing well.
    Hope to pass paths again someday.

    ReplyDelete