Saturday, April 12, 2014

More visitors or should I say invasions.....!!!!

One of the unexpected things I have enjoyed during my stay at Stewart's Point has been the visits from our military troops.....

I have watched prop-driven air planes practice scooping water into their bellies and take off into the sky to drop the water, I have watched the same plane land and take off multiple times.....they even flew overhead very low and gave me a wave after I stood at attention and gave them a salute for their service.....ya I'm one of those old vets who does weird stuff like that now.... :)

I have heard helicopters dropping troops at night in pitch black darkness....I even figured out what the weird lights were that nobody seemed to be able to figure out.....no it was not a UFO.

The last visit was during the day....a helicopter practicing low level hoovering....I watched with amazment thinking what would happen if that chopper got just a few inches lower or if it tipped a little......I bet the pilot had the same fears...

I got a few photos, but missed the best one as these guys also did a flyover for me....I had watched them for a while and got a chance to wave as they flew rather close....I could see the solders easily so I gave a hand wave and took one of these photos, but missed the good shot when they returned and flew low overhead.






I'm sorry I have to take photos with my phone right now....if you look close you can see the water being stirred up as the chopper hovers close to the water.....this is nothing, they got much closser than this before they were done.



The photo here was just a bit late.....just before this the wind and stirred water shot a big spray up...exciting and I sure hoped they had the wipers on....at that point I said a bit of a prayer as I did not want to witness a crash...





I may not have mentioned some of my other visitors here at Lake Mead, a red fox, a sand colored fox, pelicans and a pair of rather tame buzzards who have walked right up to the trailer the last few days, just outside my open door and even when I talked to them they did not fly away.......and I have not  feed them. I saw one big humming bird, but since I had not planned to be hear as long as I have, I did not set out my feeder and that was the only one I saw.

There is also an invasion of militia going on rather close to where I'm at so I may drive over and see if there is a good place to set up camp for a few days.

I have spent a lot of time watching tv and reading the old net looking for information about the standoff. Here is one of the better stories I have found that answers some of the questions.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/bundy_ranch_the_federal_government_and_the_nevada_water_tipping_point.html

It  says it is a water issue, but I have also heard about some oil fracking permits that have been sold and that this has something to do with things as well...Harry Reid and his sons are said to be involved with both scams which would be meant to rip off the people of Nevada and the U.S.A.  As they say follow the money......it's scary to see the Governor and the Sheriff both turn their backs, what ever happened to State's sovereignty? 

This will be interesting to watch and I might want to be able to say I was there when it all happened. I woke up with the same kind of concerns I had when I was 17 years old and I enlisted into the Air Force during  The Vietnam War.....I felt it was my duty to stand for Liberty, as my ancestors had done, and here I am again feeling like our liberty is under attack again, only this time it is our own government that is overreaching being the bully by disregarding our constitution....

Just my 2 cents worth, we are all allowed our opinions right?

Thanks for visiting, please be sure to come back to follow my travels.....my next post will be "Satellite for Dummies"

No comments:

Post a Comment