Tuesday, April 8, 2014

VW auto Show Boulder Nevada Part #2




Well that should confuse some folks....where is part #1  ?????

Seems the last title was not catchy enough....

Well as promised I have a few more photos of last Saturday's VW show.

I found a link that you might want to check out after you look at all my photos and still need more.

https://m.facebook.com/EricArnoldPhotography?v=photos

Please stick around to the end or just fly by all the photos and read my thoughts.....I'll try to recap my great day and some of my thought about my new life.....I am getting used to it more and at times it is pretty good.....














When I was a kid.....mid 60's we used to play many games around the VWs as we drove in our cars....
One was to see how many blocks we could drive looking for a bug....there were so many bugs in Ogden that almost every block had at least one so we would see how many blocks in a row we could find a bug.....40 50 blocks was not hard to do back then......now they are a collectors item !!!!








 Buses on the other hand were a bit less common....before the Hippies they were not cool at all !!!!
Now buses like this one are worth a ton of money.....more than the average house in Utah.



The fastbacks were not popular then....now I want one...lol  !!!










I took this photo with the idea of cropping it down a bit....I like what I got 




















This orange bus is the one with the posters all over the inside....sorry they are out of order











The following group is a club out of Las Vegas.....they had lots of members with cars there and they were having lots of fun......that's what it should be all about.......they had lots of nice cars in the club.




















Everyone likes the pop out windows.......I now have two bugs with them !!!!!








Remember my last post I talked about the poor looser with the green bug who was upset about not winning a trophy.....well this cute little pink bug with all that Skooby-doo paint is the one who won the trophy.....both were nice....the pink one is not my taste, but it was the paid attendees who voted and I bet lots of girls voted for this one.....and it is a club member from the Vegas club......just one advantage to having a close knitted club.

If you ask me the other guy had an easy out on loosing......he can still tell himself his car is better but....













If you like candy apple red.....this is for you......nice car !!!





Cheap camera.......poor quality photos.....lost the red color on this car.....it was beautiful 




My uncle Kirk, my dads younger brother had a few nice cars way back in the early 60s.....he had a 56 Ford Fairlane that he traded in for a new Corvair that he traded in for a Cougar like this one....I liked the Fairlane the best.......he then got married and who knows what he drove....too boring for me....LOL






Looks like the end!!!!!























But it's not 




 I liked this one enough to do again













That's a lot of lift





Could this be the end????


 Almost.......now is my time to tell you about my day a bit.

I had a wonderful day.....the only thing that would have made it better would be for my wife Sandy to have been there......she may not feel the same....I don't think she likes car shows much.....she does like shiny paint so it might be a toss-up.

I left the show and drove back to Lake Mead where I got a chance to check out another marina, Callville, it has a shower for $2 you get about 8 minutes....felt good.

I had a chance to do some thinking about my life, where I was 10 years ago nobody would want to live through, but I'm here now and on good days it's pretty good......I thank God for that and all the other great things he does for us.

I was driving in a very beautiful area just taking it all in thinking of something one of my closest friends told me a few days ago.......he wished he could be here with me doing what I do....he is worried he will have to work every day for the rest of his life.

It boils down to choices......I could have chosen to end things years ago and I would not be here for all this.....he could choose to take a leap of faith and be out here with me, if that was really what he wanted....now his wife on the other hand is another story.....she would like to live this way if she had a multi-million dollar rv ( some thing way beyond their means ), funny thing is I think she would enjoy this more than the rest of us.....lol!  I think the size of your rv means very little to most of the people I met, they are much more interested in the person, if they like you they like you, if they do not they do not.....it's all about who you are and how you act out on the road.  People are much nicer this way by the way.

It's getting hotter every day...today 95.....so I will not be here much longer, time to be heading north to wards home where I have many important things to do...






God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment