Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Crystal Springs Utah


 It's been quite awhile since I posted.........let me update things!!!
I had a busy summer this year. I knew the Buro trailer would never cut it for me for a longer period of time so I sold my 40 Ford Truck to finace the purchase of an RV more up to my needs.
As you may or may not know I suffer from TBI which is a brain injury. I need to be able to rest for hours at a time with my feet up and my head lowered, but not lower than my heart......recliners work very well for me so I need space for a recliner.

I found a great looking 1988 Vogue motor home on ebay, put in the winning bid and flew to Tulsa......flying is one of the most difficult things I can do with TBI, but I had my mind set on this wonderfully cool motor home......then end of the story is the motor home was full of major issues and I ended up staying a week on the sellers couch before hoping on a bus and coming home.....

I decided after seeing the issues with the older motor homes that I wanted a trailer. Many full-time RVers end up with 5th wheel and after looking at a few of them I figured I would at least consider them.

I saw an add on KSL classified that looked interesting........the price was rather low so I told Sandy we should run right out and look at it, and not to be surprised if it was junk......I got it for about 1/2 the price I would have expected........and the condition is an easy 8 out of ten.....pretty good for a guy who would be luck to be a 5 out of ten.

I pulled the awning of my class C ford with the help of my grandson Derrick one wed afternoon and then the following weekend his mother, step-dad and Sandy helped me install it onto the fiver...nick name for 5th wheels is fiver!!!

I did have the visegrips slip out of my hand while loading up the spring leaving me with a broken knuckle on my little pinky.

Derrick and I wanted to checkout the fiver so we went out to Crystal Springs. http://crystalhotsprings.net/

We spent 2 days alone at a very nice camp ground and Derrick spent most of both days in the pool.

Sandy came up to spend Sat and Sun with me and my daughter Randi, Matt my son-in-law and Dino my grandson......Derrick's 1/2 brother came up sat evening for a dutch oven dinner......I hate to say this , but the dinner was a terrible disappointment.

Crystal Springs is a very nice resort with good rates and good facilities.....it is the only hot springs resort left in Utah and I'd say worth the trip.
 



Here is Derrick standing in the water fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment