Friday, December 27, 2013

How can someone sitting alone in the dersert be so busy?????

Seems the last time I posted was my Birthday 12-21-1954....well my last post was 12-21.

Lost has happened since then, Christmas came and went, I met more new friends, I had lunch with an old friend and I've had a few good rides on the Triumph....250 miles since I bought it and I like it more and more each time.

This is Mike and his van....I call it his church.


Mike has been living in this van for years and he has some of the most interesting learning displays.
I thoroughly enjoyed the time we were able to spend together.

If you ever spot him PLEASE do yourself a favor by stopping and spending some time with Mike.











This pretty much all he owned and this is how he lives. His only means of support are the blessing from others.

Mike has a book he has written and a cd he loves to share with others, if you are interested please let me know and I will do what I can to hook you up.  I'll give more feedback on the book once I get the chance to read it.

I met a family who live in a motor home Able, Ericka and 6 year old Eric. I met then through Mike and we Eric and I became good friends real fast when he heard I had Ed.
They came up to my place to see the spider, at first neither of them wanted to hold Ed, but she won them over and I have photos to prove it!!
Eric sat here for a very long time not wanting to give up Ed.....she just settled into his hands and stayed put for a surprisingly long time.....
The humming birds were acting very comfortable around us that day also.....kind of felt likes God's gift on that special day.



 My visitors at the time included Ericka, Eric and Merlin....more on him later!!!
As we adults sat around sharing our stories and got to know each other a little better, Eric just sort of hung around being very quite....he was like that the whole time I was around him.....he had a nice pocket knife, one that looked very much like the ones my father always carried....it looked new so I asked if it was a Christmas gift? He said he got it not too long ago, but not a Christmas gift......something told me he may not have gotten much for Christmas this year, so I asked his mother if gifts where ok.....she said yes so I got a Hot Wheels Greased Lighting car my friend Jimmy had given me when I left Ogden.....the best gift seeing his eyes light up....we did good Jimmy.
Erick ran home and came right back with another pocket knife and presented it to me as a gift.....turned out if he gets something new he was to give up something else....and he chose a very nice pocket knife to give me a gift.....I'm crying again just typing this storey....what a wonderful gift....Thank your Eric.
Add caption
Here is Eric with his collection of Hot Wheel cars, who would have know he was as into toy cars as Jimmy and me......the one I gave him is the one still in the package.

1 comment:

  1. sorry it took so long to get back. I had tried a couple of times to post from my phone and my server was giving me a hard time. Just wanted to let you know what a blessing it was to share Christmas with you. Aaron (Eric lol) was so blessed by you and Merlin. The gifts you gave him really touched his heart. Thank you! We continue to lift you up in prayer believing for a continual healing in all areas of your life in Christ Jesus! Before we talked I had been having some vision loss and memory loss and also would see spiders in the night. I thought it was just spiritual. Since we talked I have been having some real strong dizzy spells and disorientation. I am praying against it and I know God has healed me but I wonder if I experience these things to be more aware of the multitude of people who are TBI victims. I believe in the power of Jesus to heal! He says that in the way we are comforted we shall be a comfort to others. Anyway just thinking about you and wanted to say thanks
    With love in Christ, Erica, Aaron and Abel

    ReplyDelete