Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I got the bike out!!!!!



 
Man what a great day yesterday was............

Got the bike out and rode it about 70 miles.
The above photo was taken near the Parker Dam
To be honest I was afraid I might get questioned for looking like a national threat when I got off the bike and started taking photos....
What a great road, I saw sand dunes great mountain views and found a few great camp grounds like this one with a view of the homes across the Colorado River.

After riding into Parker for a few items and a bike wash I returned on the California side and found a nice road that would be a road racers dream.......
I did a little hard riding, nothing like the riding I used to do years ago, but had some fun and even got some "AIR" doing about 65 mph.
The surface was really good in some areas and really bad in others.....I have to say if you ever get to Parker Dam with a sports car or bike it is worth looking for the road.....1st right after you cross the dam from Arizona to California.
Oh ya watch for Burros....lol....I saw about 15 of them.



After my unbelievable ride I stopped in Parker Dam for gas and while there met some local Harley riders, Wayne and Paula Olson. They invited me to the world famous floating bar Fox's
Now this is a boat I would love to restore and I'd keep it!!!!!

Too bad they do not serve food.....one thing about this is it rocks and the floor bends.....try that with TBI   :)



If you stand here like this you might find out how they use electronics to tell your age


I love the way this photo makes it look like Paula has a mustache....not very fair to her....she may ride like a man, but she looks like a woman....pretty one at that!!!!




This might explain why I ride a Triumph......the Hog did nothing for me!!!!


I still feel like someone stole my handle bars every time I see my bike from the front.





Now that I have ridden the bike a bit I have formed an opinion.........I love it...so fast so smooth even the clip on handle bars could be lived with.......hit the throttle and the last thing I was thinking about was the low bars....... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment