Thursday, February 21, 2013

My first day

On Feb. 6 2013 I finished packing the little white Burro and headed out.

I had spent a few day digging the little trailer out of the snow and had said goodbye...or so I thought!!!

I was planning to go south on I-15 from Ogden, Utah  St. George, Utah the first day and from there on down to Quartzite, Az I figured I'd be out of the winter weather.

My plans lasted all the way to Hwy 6 where I decided to head East so I could drop off at my other house and grab somethings I may need....well a few hours later I was headed out again, but this time I was on hwy 89 so I just went with it.....after all is'nt that the way it's going to be from now on.....with this health forced retirement.

I only made it as far as Junction, Utah....a small bump in the road of a town.....one school and two stores that a guy can get a cup of coffee.......I'll get back to that in a bit.

It was getting late and from now on I plan to be settled in for the nights before dark, so I pulled of and headed east up a small dirt road and found a nice flat spot and set up for the night.

It got cold...so far I have slept in the Burro only a few nights and it had been cold every time and this first night was no exception.



I got up the next morning and took a few photos before I packed up to continue my trip to Quartzite.

No comments:

Post a Comment