Monday, February 25, 2013

Who thought I'd wake up to frost???

Friday I woke up to a hard frost outside.....but....it warmed up pretty soon.

Went into town with Dean for most of the day and then last night Dean treated me to a nice steak dinner with sweet potatos.

He had the grill and I provided the briquets and a pineapple that we also grilled.

This morning it was below 30 degrees at 7am, but it has been nice around 80 this afternoon.....wind chill makes it feel much cooler than that and it is 69 in the shade.......




Dean has tv and direct tv so he set it up at the door to his egg and we sat and watched the Daytona 500.

This years race was different than last year's race for sure.....Danica went out early with engine trouble and so I started to watch Miss Long who looked like she would get her 1st top 10 finish, but she was knocked out late in a accident.....

Tony Stewart looked like he was out....he was stuck way back in a very tight pack, but somehow got himself to the lead then feel back and I thought for sure he would finish 5th or 6th.....but then came that wreck at the end and somehow he just slide by.

There was no celebration for him this time as the wreck sent 1/2 a car through the fence into the crowd and as of right now all I know it there were fans who got hurt.

Dean wants to drive into town again in a few and I'm not about to miss a chance to ride into town.

My solar panels are getting a bit of a rest and have the battery up to around 14 volts.....pretty good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment