Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy Days

I've been just hanging around here on the Steps for more than a month......kind of makes it hard to post!

I am doing what my Doctor Joelle told me to do......rest, relax, move to the low lands of Arizona.

Joelle Creager is one of the most important people in my life as far as the greatly improved quality of my life......without here I can not imagine how miserable my life would be today.




Joelle is dealing cancer right now and any prayers for her recovery would be warmly accepted.

At first this winter when I came to Arizona, I kind of over did things....some many friendly interesting people.....I found myself a lot overloaded.....I soon was asking myself why I spent so much money and time to be away from the ones I love in Utah to be sitting far away with strangers and not giving myself the rest and peace I need.....and I had moved away from Quartszite and Dean definitely not my game plan.

I now find myself in a much better for me situation....not perfect but comfortable.
Almost daily I ask myself if I'm ready to move.....pros and cons to both moving and staying put.

I have neighbors here who most likely will stay the winter here, Jim and Neil. Both are nice, interesting and supportive of me....we have each others backs.


Jim with his dog Finigan sitting on his front porch......Jim is just going through a divorce right now...(maybe)



Jim is a Cuban who moved to the USA in 1963. If my memory serves me right, I might miss a few details.
He was a young boy who lived in the jungles and gave up going to school at about the age of 6. He and his brother just sort of fended for themselves. His father was a personal friend of Fidel Castro's father and as soon as he saw Fidel was gaining power he got his family out of Cuba.

Jim thrived here in the US. He became a born again Christian, business owner, father, husband......basic American Dream.

He asked me to tell you "He is very well aware of the dangers of Communism and how hurtful the Progressive ways are to the everyday man no matter what the politicians and left wing news media tell us!"

Jim is a pretty good example of someone who has been there and seen the suffering his homeland has endured. He is a strong supported of our 2nd Amendment Rights and is very concerned with the changes he sees here in America......looks and sounds like what he saw in Cuba 60 years ago.....same old same old.

Jim has build a few cool fireplaces for folks around here...


Jim found this dead cactus on one of his hikes years ago and takes it everywhere he goes.





This is the 1st pit Jim made for himself

This is one he made for a camper John Wayne who used to play his trombone....even played some Christmas songs on Christmas day.



 


 









No comments:

Post a Comment