Sunday, January 26, 2014

SOMETHING NEW WITH TBI

This morning I woke up to something new and a bit weird for me.
My brain was not running 90 mph.....since my accident I have been living with a few symptoms that never go away ( or at least never for more than just a few minutes) it really through me as it is something I'm just not used to.....nothing going on in the, nothing, even my thinking about no thoughts seemed to just drift off and I had nothing on my mind, nothing?

I often have a small moment of prayer before I get out of bed and today I tried a couple of times,  but never got more than 1/2 a sentence before my mind was blank.

After awhile I did start to have a few thoughts to add to the blog.....it's hard to come up with things for the blog when I'm not doing much day after day.





I did finally met the couple with the VW bus who have been camping here since the bus rally.
They seem really nice and I hope to get them to let me post a photo or two.....they are Paul and Mary.....I should be3 able to remember their names as two of my friends from grade school got married and they are still two of my oldest and dearest friends.....Paul and his brother Joe were more like family than friends. In fact they are the closest thing to family I had growing up....lets just say my mother tried, but would never get an award for mother of the year.

Joe was murdered when we were in our young 20s and I named my daughter Randi Joe after him.

Mary was one of the first people I met when I moved to Farmington, Utah. It would have been the summer before 4th grade.....she and a whole herd of sibling where swimming at Farmington Pond.

That was all the way across town and for some reason I do not remember seeing them after that for a few years.....in fact when we were in jr. high Mary and her sisters became very famous with us boys. They were always riding around town on their horses and young boys take notice of pretty girls on horses.

I never put together that the friendly girl I met at the pond was the same girl on the horse......I'm sorry I never put it together as Mary is rather shy and quite and I missed out on years of friendship I'm sure. Silly me I was afraid to approach the pretty girls....and who knows what they must have thought....I bet they thought we thought we were too cool for girls on horses...  lol

Paul and Mary started dating just before I went of to play air force during the Vietnam War ( I did not serve in combat, but did serve during). They got married on my 18th birthday and that was a long time ago. I do not get to visit as often as I'd like, but I do feel welcome and it sure brings back many great memories when I do.

A few years ago Mary said something about the pond and it was not till then that I realized she was the, girl at the ponds that day....how could I have never put that together? Today I could blame it on TBI, but not then  lol

There are very few people in my life today that I have known 50+ years and I'm very grateful for these two. I even dated Mary's younger sister....once....lol.  Linda and I do still talk a bit, but she is not on the computer and I do not like phones.

Anyway I hope you have friends who are more like family and who mean as much to  you.....it was nice meeting Paul and Mary with the bus who reminded me of my friends back home.

I was able to get a few photos of Paul and Mary#2 my camping friends with the VW bus.

I really enjoyed our visit, nice couple with a very easy going way of looking at life.


No comments:

Post a Comment