Sunday, January 19, 2014

VW BUS RALLY

Today Neil and I went into Lake Havasu for supplies and just happened to find this Rally as it was ending and many VW buses were leaving a nice park on the lake.

We turned around and parked and I got out and ran around as fast as I could getting these photos.....from the looks of the VWs I saw leaving I'd say I missed most of the show....sorry about that....what I did see was great.

I knew Matt my son-in-law would love these so I'm happy I was able to grab these shots....please check out the www.thegeniebottle.com to see the trailer this guy has built....it has a water bed in it and was crazy, but then again aren't most most VW bus owners crazy.

Neil has been telling me about his 4 VW buses and he sure got excited checking them out.

I hope you enjoy the photos....



It would be so hard for me to pick my favorite....top runner here, love the old Chevy head light bucket.



Just imagine what I missed with all these empty spots.




Another one of my favorites.




My friend Jimmy had one of these "BOAT TRAILERS" and sold it....too bad he misses it now.







The newer red water cooled van is similar to one I had years ago. Mine was a very rare factory hotrod with fancy flairs, spoilers, bed, table and stove. I left it in a shop for some engine work and while it was there it was stolen by an employee of the shop and used in a bank robbery.....the van was impounded and the shop owner never told me about the van, by the time I found out what was going on with the van it was sold at auction and I was simply out the $10k I had invested in it.





This is looking up into the tent from the inside of the trailer.....this old bus has no engine so it is used as a camper. It is a fully packed and often used camper.

No engine here Neil


There are two blue buses here with lift up tops...I had one that was a factory conversion done in Germany....they were also very rare and had two little cots up top and what I felt looked like circus tent material.....It was something that the girls seemed to like.....Randi do you remember it?








Do you see the thing?








There were lots of little trailers here, this one looks to be from the 50s and factory built.



Here is another shot of the blue van with the lift up (not tilt up) top....I checked both vans and they did not have the cots and funny striped material.....I believe these are American conversions.

This tent is an old fold out trailer.



This little trailer is the home of the pre-teen girl...she was very friendly and told me all about her bedroom that here dad made and painted (except one mural on the left side which was done by a artist at this rally). Her dad told me he had not had a bath for over a year.....just have to eat right he told me.....I did not ask what he eats and since I can not smell I just took him at his word. He and his wife live in this van with the girl in the trailer and a newborn baby. Why do I need this big 5th wheel?

I loved seeing all her books, I wish her a happy life.
Which one would you choose?



I only saw 2 things...this one and the yellow one hidden in the other photo


This guy had a  1700cc bus motor for sale...$350

This tent had been in use since the 40s



$4500.00



66 with Porche head lights



This guy said it only took him 6 months to build this.....I'd like to see it in aluminum.


..
This might be the one I want most.....really. The white van is for sale at a modest? $9500.00 rust included!!!!!


 Well that's all folks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment