Monday, January 27, 2014

I struck GOLD !!!!

Today I felt the need to go for a walk, but did not want to go to far or mountain climbing....

I did go look at some of the other graded areas here at the steps and noticed green dirt and lots of quartz in one of the seldom used terraces.

I got looking at all the quartz and just though it would be cool if I found some gold......I did two rocks with some bigger tooth filling sized gold and a hand full of stones with lots of flakes....I will take them home and show Derrick and Arthur ( my grandsons ) a trick that we can use to crush the quartz and then we can pan the dirt for the flacks of gold.

The samples with the gold pieces is best if left as is.....


You can see the gold pieces best in this photo. The biggest piece is right in the center of the brownish strip in the middle of this rock.

The gold in both of these rocks is shining pretty good in this photo.....I'm rich !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You were rich before you found the rocks! You have been blessed with health! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan you are right about me being blessed. Thanks
    I enjoy your blog....hope you enjoy mine.
    it is a bit difficult finding interesting things to add while I'm sittingin one place for the winter and just resting up.
    The few flakes of gold seemed to fit.

    ReplyDelete