Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A quick trip over to Bouse

The other day Dean and I drove over to Bouse......it's a small town a few hundred folks live there....reminds me of Creston Washington.

The drive over we went up over a small mountain range and stopped at the summit.....I got photos of both sides from there a long with a few colorful flowers and a historical marker about the pass.


The first photo shows Quartzsite out on the flats near the far mountains.




The following photo shows Bouse



This is the road over to the homesite mentioned in the historical marker


I wish the colors of the flowers showed up beter!!!


Photos of the town include the market where I met a 88 year old nurse who cried telling me about the solders she helped during Nam and a nice little cafe where Dean and I ordered the best meatloaf sandwich I ever ate.

I also found a few great items next door at a second hand store......I got 2 coffee pots with all their parts for $11.00 and Dean got a nice Weber style grill for $8.00....his was the deal of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment