Friday, March 29, 2013

London Bridge














I left part of yesterdays adventure out of the last post so I will now share with you my time at the London Bridge.

The bridge was first build in the 1830 in London and later moved brick by brick to the desert in Az around 1967.

I remember my great grand father Charles Obey came to visit as soon as it could be driven across by auto....he also drove the Alaskan Highway the first year it was paved(1966?)

Anyway here is a photo that show re-construction in Lake Havasu.  The Canal was also built to give a reason for the bridge.
File:London-Bridge-March-1971.jpg
If you look close you can see the Colorado River in the background of the above photo.
Here are photos I took yesterday.


1 comment:

  1. That's crazy. Brick by brick from London to Arizona! Nice Blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete