Friday, March 14, 2014

Cloride Arizona is not a ghost town

I know I promised to get the photos of Cloride on the blog, so here are a few, I will do it in two parts due to the large number of photos.







I just wanted to show the size of this plant

Again I liked the plant here at this church


I did not even notice the sling shot on the fence till I up loaded this photo...wonder what went on at the park the night before???




This area was open to the public with no gates and nobody watching over the place....love honest people who trust others



Out door kitchen, when was the last time you saw one of those?





This was the jail

And this was the saloon









Some of my earliest memories are from about the age of two, I remember living in a trailer very similar to this one. My dad had it pulled down into my grandmother's driveway in Fruit Heights, Utah that would have been 1956. the trailer seemed old then.



I have never seen one of these, I have seen many similar....I like this one

I should have zoomed in on the trailer....its a Spartin!!!

Side view of the Toyota motor home....look how small it is.

There are so many old vintage trailers

This couple were just out for a early Sunday walk like myself



For sale $20k

Not for sale



Just around the corner and over the hill I went....headed out to see Meadview. Things looked different over there.



This IS Lake Mead from the East side Las Vegas is just over the mountains




wonder who lived here and when they left


Arizona road sign

This is where I'm camping....it's off a road called Big Wash Road about a mile from Grasshopper Junction Arizona.....really check the map





My next post should be the Cloride Cemetery.....it is very moving...brought me to tears.....I was able by chance, to thank the man who placed all the flags at the grave of every vet.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go there! It reminds me of Nevada City Montana. By Virginia City. Nice to see your adventures. Love your blog. <3 and you!

    ReplyDelete