Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wind has died down and I got out to look around today

With the wind not blowing my energy goes way up so today I got out and drove over to Overton, Nevada.

 


Not at all what I expected.....it's a very nice little town with Family Dollar and McDonalds if that is your thing.

There is a laundry, Ace Hardware, grocery store and much more......I'd say it would be a nice place to live and raise a family if you can find work.

 I spotted this 4x4 rig at the hot springs....it is a French couple who are retired. They rode a ship over to Canada's east coast from Belgium last year. They drove across Canada and into Alaska before heading south to Montana,  Yellowstone, Utah and then Las Vegas where they parked the 4x4 in storage and flew home. Sunday the flew back and got back out on the road. They will be here for 6 months this year. Very nice people who speak very little english....LOL

They have a blog....www.aventuren4x4.com   it is in french, but you can use a button to translate some of it into English and it has lots of photos.



This another little hot springs I found today .... here is the head of the spring... it is much smaller than the other spring and hotter too.




I was able to take a video of the water as it gurgles up through the sand but do not know how to download it into the blog.


A few days back I mentioned I had misplaced some photos I took up on top of Big Wash Road which  twists up to the crest of the Cerbat Mountains.

It is a nice view, but I could not advise pulling a trailer up the road as the drive down would easily overheat the brakes and that would not be good.

 That is Cloride at the bottom of the above photo
 There is this nice picnic spot at the top of the mountain...overnight camping is around $8 a night or $4 if you are an old fart like me.

Well is has been a very nice day today....little wind, nice drive found other spots to camp with communication signals, I got a very nice message or two from a daughter who usually has little to say ( that was a very nice thing ) and I spoke on the phone with two of my grandsons who were home with their mom with food poisoning...can you say "pizza pizza" not going to give any names, but their pizza last night tasted funny!

Take care everyone, glad you are here with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment