Monday, March 17, 2014

My time with the people of Cloride

I had many more photos from the Leonardo display in Parker that I figured just do not need to be added, but this one I wanted to share.




Now here are some photos of a homestead that has seen better days










I believe I told you a few days ago that the cemetery brought me to tears...when I saw there was a American flag at every grave of a veteran or nurse who served it meant so much to me. Later that day I happened to ask a local walking across the park a question....during our conversation I mentioned the flags.....turned out he was the man responsible....I got to thank him personally.  He told me they replace the flags every few months due to the wind.


Ihad hopped thes photos would show all the flags....guess not!


This is the older part of the cemetery..many lost graves and still you can not see all the flags :(


Something I have never seen anywhere else are all the weird headstones like I see here in the desert




Wonder if we are related?












Connecting rod, pistons, timming gear set and pinstrips.......now thats a car guys dream

I have a grandson Aurthar (hell  if I can't say it how am I going to spell it) Dino is often called turtle so I just had to share this one




1869 just a few years after the Civil War ended to 1938 just a few years before the beginning of WWII



1864 to 1940  reminds me just how fast time really does go.....theses dates seem so far of in the past yet   I remember talking to a one legged WWI vet as a child, he told me he knew Civil War vets as a child...so I have spoken with a man who has spoken with a Civil War vet.....kind of bring history much closer if you think about it.


This was the oldest grave marker I found, I was told there are some older graves located near one of the working mines and that if you make arrangement they will grant access.....maybe next year!







Opps here is an older one...do you know what was going on in 1838?   This would be 10 years before the Mormons first traveled to Utah, The mountain men such as Jim Briger were just beginning to settle the west. 


http://www.brainyhistory.com/years/1838.html


Loosing a child a day after they were born was rather common in those days, it is unusual to find a nice grave marker for a one day old from that period of time


I'm going to use this photo to say good bye to the cemetery.


Maybe this is a better good bye photo.....seeing as this is an old mining town!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment