Saturday, March 29, 2014

Time to be thinking of Utah


My winter in the 5th wheel seems to be coming to an end.......I find myself getting homesick and a bit excited for all the honey does on my wife and daughter's lists.

It is looking like it will be a busy summer in n Northern Utah....fences for the ducks, finish repairs on the garage and my cars that got hit with a wind storm that blew the storage garage a part....literally!!




 There was not a roof above all that mess!!!!

Thanks to Randi, my daughter and right hand woman, Sandy, Matt and other friends and family the garage is better than before or so I'm told......the insurance said they would wait for me to return soI could handle what ever the repairs are to the cars.....a few scratches, but they were such nice cars and had been so babied !!!!!

Thanks to all who helped, it means a lot to me......more than I can really say given how things have gone the last 10 years......for those who do not know this, I spent most of the last 10 years hibernating  locking myself  away and have not spent a lot of time with many who jumped in and helped out...so THANK YOU !!!

Minor repairs, but with my plans to sell most of them.....I would have rather avoided the whole thing.



Sister - in -Law is not for sale

1926 T did 127mph last time on the salt!!!  Could not find a better photo sorry

I'll be selling two of my old tractors this one and the John Deere M  



Besides the cars I have family who I want to spend as much time as possible with.....Grandsons





Derrick tells me he wants to build a baja bug....



We have two to choose from...his dad worked wonders and scored both of these and a ton of parts for a price I could not pass up....just trade something I have not used for years and never would have.....Thanks Matt for all you did this year for me !!!!


Dino another grandson who loves cars like his Papa......calls dibs !!!


Between Matt and me we have at least 3 bugs and more to come......I plan to have the 69 ready for next winter since Sandy will join me and the Triumph just won't cut it!

I also want to get started on my last big project......




Met Bob, Bob is a 1966 Ford Anglia Panel Van GT.....one of one....the only known of left hand drive GT!!!!

I have all the parts and could restore him, but I have no soul......I have decided to cut him up and put him on a standard VW pan, build myself a baja Bob!!!!


Stay tuned for the fun......

I have many family members too look forward to seeing.....here is the newest.....my Great grand son Elmer Fud



Elmer is a car fan too if his attempts to break into my collection of old toy cars is any indication.

Elmer was born last year while I was away, but we spent a lot of time together while I was back in Utah.....Papas lap was often in the recliner from where I took this photo just before I left last November....he just started walking about 2 weeks ago and should be a real hand full when I get home.

Sandy gave me her list but I forgot what was on it..... '] maybe she will forget too !!!!!




This pretty young thing is my grand daughter Cobra....Elmer's mother. Shelby lived with Sandy and me most of her life and was a great joy....she has made me so proud as I have seen her step right up, get a job, get an apartment, do a fantastic job raising Elmer on her own....no parent could ever ask for more....as I look at the children Sandy and I raised they all turned out pretty good.....pretty good considering.

Older photo, but I could not find another photo of Jeni, my tall daughter....this Me as a much younger guy, my daughter Randi at her wedding and Jeni
Michelle, Jewelle and Tyson. Michelle is no older but the kids are like High School aged now......man I better update my photo files !!!


Mark, Shelby's dad and Payton another Teenager !!!Mark has a son, Tristan but I cannot find a photo....I have one I promise.....


I have friends to visit....one thing I'm also proud of it that I have friends who have been friends for decades....all the way back to Beatlemania days.

These are a few surgeries coming up with them.....and I would like to be around if they need any body around to drive them nuts while they are bedridden and can't get away!!!!


And lets not forget the love of my life.....who has managed to love me through it all....

Sandy I love you!!!!!


You owe me one now......I hate it when I have one coming!!!!!




































3 comments:

  1. Love your post Delmont! But you forgot one of your "daughters" ! lol.... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I forgot someone......
    Love you
    Folks Kim is "our other daughter", has been for years.....she was our neighbor when we lived up Ogden Canyon withthe river in our back yard.......she is such a sweetheart that we adopted her.....without her or her parents permission , ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. kim send me a photo...something weird.

    ReplyDelete